It’s senior time

Margaret Sablich (12) and Dayanne Gaona (12) dance together on the dance floor. Gaona was dressed as one of the Cheetah Girls. Photo by: Gabriella Shumylo

On April 20, the Class of 2018 gathered one last time before prom at the Villa Cesare. The seniors dressed in costumes and celebrated their time together.

“[Senior Banquet] is a celebration of the last four years and a great way to end it with the senior class,” Joshua DeJarlais (12) said.

Most dances and events require students to dress formally, but this dance provides an outlet for creativity by dressing in an endless amount of costumes.

“All the costumes make [Senior Banquet] feel different and special opposed to any other event,” DeJarlais said.

Seniors came together to celebrate the last time that they can all be together and celebrate as a class.

“Going to Senior Banquet gave me a very different feeling to the year rather than it just being another dance. It was a last hoorah for us to get together and have a good time before we all go our separate ways,” Payton Sanders (12) said.