What forms a team

Alex Osorio (12) runs down the field, misses a goal and, walks back to cool down. He then ran back into the game to help his fellow teammates.

On Wednesday night, Aug. 22, the varsity boys soccer team played their second home game against the Michigan City Wolves. They beat Michigan City 2-0.

“The season is going good. We’re three and one so far. We lost to the South Bend team,” Emilio Zambrano (10) said.

Even though they won, the team still felt they could do better and grow as a team and as players.  They are planning to work harder and hopefully make improvements.

“There is a lot of things that we should have done differently, there’s not one specific area we could fix  but it’s having the drive for the game and last night we just weren’t there for it,”Alex Osorio (12) said.

This is a team that spends a lot of time together and when the others do a good job, they all pat each other on the back and provide reassurance. When athletes are part of a team, some tend to grow closer and form a special bond with players.

“We’ve all known each other for a while. We all played together in clubs at some point in our lives and we’re trying to bring the young guys in and get close to them as well,” Alex Osorio (12) said.

The next boys varsity soccer game is Aug. 25 at 11:30 a.m. against Penn High School at home field.

“If we work hard it’s going to turn out really well so as long as were around each other and we work hard at practice then we can do good,” Alex Osorio (12) said.