Jersey night pride

Mitchell Johnston (12) sits on the bench next to some of his teammates during the tough game against the Crown Point Bulldogs. The team cheered each other on in support from the sideline.

On September 7 at 7 p.m., the Varsity football team took on the Crown Point Bulldogs. The boys fought hard but took a tough loss with an end result of 21-3.  

“It was a tough game, we fought our way through, it was a tough loss,” Mateo Cedano (11) said.

Throughout the game each player gave it their all and did what they needed to do to help out the team. Unfortunately, the boys lost, but at least they gave it their all.

“I think team chemistry is something we need to improve on,” said Cole Rainwater (12).

In a sport, especially like football, it is important to have team camaraderie because you need to be able to work well with each other in order to be productive and successful during a game.

“Picking them [the team] up would have probably been the best thing I could have done on Friday,”  Rainwater (12) said.

A lot of the team had the same attitude as kicker Cole Rainwater. The boys continued to cheer each other on throughout the tough game.

“Coming together as a team when times are tough and going through with adversity,” Cedano said.

As of now, the boys’ have a record of 2-2 this season. Come out and support the team on Friday Sept. 14 at 7 p.m. against Laporte high school.