One Last Home Victory

Maddie Chiabai (11) hits a hard ball over the net. She had serval kills during this game against Michigan City.

The Lake Central JV Girls Volleyball team started their last home battle against Michigan City at 5 p.m. on Sept. 27.  They had a rough start, but came through for the finish. The Indians won the first set 25-18 and then won the second set 25-23, so they did not have to play a third set. The girls had a slower start in the beginning, but when they started talking together, they played better.

“I feel like we had a slower start, but in the end we all came together for the win, which is the most important,” Kate Mahoney (10) said.

As the end of the season is approaching, some girls will be playing with the varsity team for sectionals.

“I am very excited for the postseason run this year. I just want to help the team out wherever I can and see what we can accomplish,” Lily Robinson (10) said.

All players are eager for the postseason run and cannot wait for sectionals.

“I am excited for the postseason and I can’t wait to see what we can all do together. Hopefully we make it far,” Kate Mahoney (10) said.

This past game against Michigan City was their last home game of the season. The JV volleyball team will have an away match against Merrillville on Tuesday, Oct. 2 at 5 p.m.