Going to War

+Brianna+McCormack+%2812%29%2C+Madeline+Spoerner+%2812%29+and+Brenna+McCormack+%2812%29+pose+at+the+Homecoming+game.+The+game+was+held+Sept.+28+at+home.+
Brianna McCormack (12), Madeline Spoerner (12) and Brenna McCormack (12) pose at the Homecoming game. The game was held Sept. 28 at home.

On Friday, Sept. 28, the Indians faced Chesterton at home. Unfortunately, the Indians lost a tough game 15-0.

“I think defense played really well the whole game and didn’t give up. As a whole, we didn’t step up when we needed to and that hurt us,” Abigail Clapman (12) said.

The Indians fought hard with the help of cheers from the student section.

“Whenever there’s a home game, the student section always puts off a contagious vibe of excitement. [The excitement] always helps at home, but certain events during the game can bring that energy down and it’s sometimes hard to recover, even with the student section screaming behind us,” Andrew Smith (12) said.

During half time, the Homecoming Court was escorted to the field. The crowned Homecoming King and Queen are Jared Bais (12) and Sophia Born (12). After the Homecoming crowning, the Marching Band performed during the halftime. They performed “Alone in a Crowd” for the fans. Throughout the game, morale started to decrease. After halftime, many students in the student section decided to leave.

“Our [morale] was down. We needed to realize [that] this is a team sport for us to move forward and become better,” Clapman said.