High Honor

Ethan Pinarski (11) accepts his induction certificate from secretary Gurvir Gill (12). Over 100 new members received certificates.

On Thursday, Nov. 8, Lake Central held the National Honor Society induction ceremony for the 2018-2019 school year. Over 100 incoming students were inducted throughout the night.

“I think it went pretty well, [I liked] getting to see all my peers accepting an award of such honor,” Brook Czaja (11) said.

The ceremony was led by Ms. Rhonda York, English. Each inductee had their name called and had the opportunity to walk across stage, sign the membership book and receive their certificate.

“I got the wrong certificate [at first, but] it was a very relieving experience after the hours I put in to get to that point and finally be accepted,” Ethan Pinarski (11) said.

Becoming a part of NHS can be a rewarding experience and helps many students benefit their future. Volunteering their time to help others allows students to have a more diverse college application.

“I’m looking forward to volunteering because I like helping out people. I feel like [it’s] a fun thing to do and there’s a lot of different ways you can put in hours,” Czaja said.