Review: Bohemian Rhapsody

Bohemian Rhapsody is playing in theaters now. It was released on Nov. 2. Production companies: 20th Century Fox, Initial Entertainment Group, Regency Enterprises

“Bohemian Rhapsody,” released on Nov. 2, 2018, is a movie following the life and success of Freddie Mercury, the lead singer of the ‘70s band “Queen.”

The movie starts off by showing Mercury’s relationship with his family and how he joined the band. From there, the film explores the personal life of Mercury and follows the band’s rise to stardom. We learn about Mercury’s habits and struggles as we eagerly follow the band through their journey.

The movie is absolutely brilliant in including factual details. Details, ranging from how the band’s name was decided to the dances and actions the band performed, were spot on. Being a fan of Queen, I was thoroughly satisfied and astonished by the movie; there is nothing that I believe the director should have changed.

This movie is definitely worth your time if you are a fan of Queen or enthusiastic about cinematography, interested in music or anything in between. The movie showcased a beautiful blend of music, editing and sequencing.

“Bohemian Rhapsody” has the power to bring a modern audience to love, understand and appreciate the four members of a band that was once small, but is now arguably one of the biggest and most well-known bands to ever exist.