New Years Resolution Opinion Story

Portland Spirit caption: with the beginning of the new year, many people have resolutions. some people did not agree with the idea of resolutions.

At the beginning of 2019, New Year’s resolutions are constantly being discussed. Some people love the idea of changing at a certain moment for a better mindset, health, and year. However, some believe differently.

“I like New Year’s resolutions because I think they are a big motivator for many people to focus on the motto of the new year which pushes you to alter your behavior or appearance which can turn out to be very beneficial,” Amy Zochalski (10) said.

On the other hand, many students believe that these resolutions are not as great as others are making them out to be. Some of these students have the perception that they are already able to achieve who they want to be.

“I don’t do resolutions because I would never follow or stick with them. I usually follow through with things I put my mind to because I am the person I want to be and I don’t feel like I need to change what I do,” Emily Soeka (11) said.

Some people can see both sides of the spectrum. They believe that resolutions can be good and disastrous at the same time.

“I can see why people make New Year’s resolutions. It is tradition and in people’s mind they think it will make a difference on whether they actually go through with what they want and stay consistent throughout the new year. But, at the same time I don’t understand why people wait because if you want to change something in your life [then] why wait when you could get a head start instead of procrastinating,” Jacqueline Kosina (10) said.

There are many differing opinions about these resolutions. But, whether you agree with the fact that resolutions can be beneficial or that they can be harmful, this year is a new start for everyone.