Shooting for Stars

Coach Fry talks with the boys right before the second half. Even though they were more than four times the other team’s score, the boys pushed to the hoop every chance they got.

From the start, the boys freshman basketball team had the win in the bag against Hammond Morton. The boys played against Hammond Morton on Jan. 23, 2019.  They played tough, continuing to take advantage of the open hoop every opportunity they got. The boys defeated Hammond Morton with a score of 51-13.

By the end of the first quarter, the freshman team was up 24-2 against Hammond Morton, playing a strong motion offense and closing the lane on a tough man-to-man defense.

“I love being a part of this team, because we gel [work] so well together.  It’s like playing with my brothers,” Lucca Darak (9) said.

The boys practice everyday after school to ensure their success throughout the season.

“We always want to score and to get better. Playing against teams not as competitive as us just drives us to do better against teams that we actually compete with,” Adam Walters (9) said.

Even though the lineup was changed completely, the freshman team was up 30-7 at the end of the first half.  Regardless of the score, the boys kept scoring and pushing toward the hoop.

“We have done pretty well this season. I think it’s because of all of the hard work we put in at practice and during the games,” Justin Nichols (9) said.

The freshman boys basketball team’s next game will be Jan. 28 at Lake Central vs La Porte. Come out to support your Indians.