Preparing for High School

The parents of next year’s freshmen were invited to attend an informational session on Jan. 23. Clubs and educational departments were also present to answer questions and spark interest. Over 600 parents and students were in attendance.

“We gave tours to the incoming freshmen parents. We also do that for the new freshmen and new students. I really enjoyed doing it because it fills my heart with warmth. It makes me happy that I’m helping someone with something I like to do,” Stephanie Angus (12) said.

Many high school students also helped during the session. The freshmen mentors gave tours of the school, and club officials sat at tables. Gurvir Gill (12) sat at the National Honor Society table and informed parents about tutoring, among other things.

“A lot of parents wanted to know about NHS, what students need and how they can apply their junior year. We had a large turn-out,” Gill said.

Soon, eighth graders will be filling out their schedules for their first year of high school. In a school as large as this one, there are a lot of options.

“Parents can get an introduction to Lake Central. The school can be intimidating for freshmen, so this helps people make informed decisions,” Gill said.