Celebrating Senior Night

Cloe Amanatidis (9) does a back handspring on beam. This was the last home meet for the team.

On Wednesday, Feb. 13, the gymnastics team competed against Laporte and Valparaiso High School. The Indians defeated Laporte with a score of 108.95-77.85 but fell to Valparaiso with a score of 110.95-108.95. The team honored their seniors by celebrating senior night.

“I am so sad that I am leaving the team. Throughout my four years of high school, gymnastics has been my favorite part. I have had such an amazing team, so they have become a second family to me. When I started gymnastics my freshmen year, I never thought that it would end but now that it is coming to an end it’s so sad to think about,” Jennifer Campos (12) said.

Throughout the season the team has strived to improve every week. Even with a loss, the team showed they are tough competitors with a close score against Valparaiso.

“I think we improved and bonded as a team. Valpo was number two in the state and we kind of challenged them, so I think we did amazing,” Madeline Bugg (10) said.

The girls have been preparing for their biggest meet of the year, DAC. The team is feeling really good going into the meet, but know there are improvements that need to be made.

“I feel really good because we have done really well the last few meets and in practice, I think we will do [well]  in DAC. I think going into DAC we can be more confident in our skills and go for it more instead of holding back, just to land it,” Allison Mybeck (10) said.

Allison Mybeck (10) placed third in all-around, Gabrielle Devries (12) placed second and Cloe Amanatidis (9) placed first.

The teams next meet is DAC, Saturday Feb. 16, at Portage High School.