The Ted Bundy Tapes Review

Netflix+tells+the+story+of+Ted+Bundy+and+his+terrible+acts+in+a+chilling+way+as+they+use+real+tape+recordings+of+his+story.+The+serial+killer+was+active+between+the+years+1974+and+1978.+
Netflix tells the story of Ted Bundy and his terrible acts in a chilling way as they use real tape recordings of his story. The serial killer was active between the years 1974 and 1978.

This unsettling, true story of serial killer Ted Bundy will leave viewers shocked at what a seemingly normal person can do. Netflix released the four-episode documentary that pulled not only crime enthusiasts in but a wide variety of viewers. It gave a nice representation of the time period of the events and how things were so different in his time. The first episode of the series gave informative background of the murderer’s victims and his personal life. This was a nice introduction that eased viewers into his story and helped give a better understanding of him and his crimes.

Throughout the series, the viewer is slowly given bits of the information to keep a constant feeling of suspense. Each episode has a surprising shift in story that presents the information in a shocking way. This aspect constantly left the viewer craving more.

Even if you knew the infamous killer and case, this documentary gave a new perspective and representation of the information. The tapes of his final confessions send chills down the viewer’s spine and leaves the viewer feeling paranoid. This production leaves the viewer questioning the intentions of everybody and teaches a lesson that anyone can be dangerous.

I thoroughly enjoyed the series as a whole. I specifically enjoyed the suspense and visuals that played with the tapes and information. However, in the end, the information felt a bit unfinished and made me and other viewers feel as if pieces of information are still left to be put together. The series and story presented is something almost anyone can get intertwined in and leaves the viewer shaken for days.