The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

The Lake Central Theatre Company performs “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.” This was the second time that this show has been performed in Lake Central Theatre Company history. Photo By: Camille Bereolos

The Lake Central Theatre Company debuted their spring musical “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee” on Thursday, March 14. Not only was it opening night but it was also Senior Night.

This production played on all types of emotions. There were comedic parts that had the entire crowd laughing, while also pulling on the heart strings of many audience members.

It was a family friendly show that also had multiple moments of adult humor. The show even had moments for crowd interaction. Four audience members were pulled up to participate in the Spelling Bee.

All the members of the cast and crew worked tirelessly for many months leading up to the show. Multiple late nights and practicing lines over and over paid off, as the show went off without a hitch.

This was my first performance that I have gone to in my four years of high school, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The cast members stayed in character, even during intermission. They came out and roamed around the halls with the audience without ever breaking character.

Since it was Senior Night, they had multiple chances throughout the night where they collected donations for scholarships. They raised a little over $3,000.