Dear Olivia Jade

Lori Loughlin smiles with her daughters Olivia Jade and Isabella. The family was accused of paying $500,000 in bribes to allow their daughters to attend USC.

With recent allegations regarding bribery at elite schools such as Stanford, University of Southern California and Harvard, the legitimacy of college admissions ahs come to question. The case has been penned “Operation Varsity Blues.” It is already known that colleges look at test scores and grades, but does money also have an effect on admission chances?

Lori Loughlin, also known as ‘Aunt Becky” from “Full House” and her designer husband, Mossimo Giannulli are accused of paying 500,000 dollars in bribes to allow their daughters to attend University of Southern California. This also included a plot to pretend they were crew members on the rowing team.

Olivia Jade Giannulli is a popular social media influencer who has racked up several YouTube subscribers and Instagram followers. Her sister, Isabella Giannulli, also has quite the social media influence herself. The scheme included the daughters having to stage pictures of them practicing rowing.

The U.S. Attorney in Massachusetts charged 50 people with a long-running conspiracy amongst several elite schools across the country. The allegations include bribing college entrance exam officials to allow cheating, specifically with college athletes.

If this is legitimate, it really makes one question the legitimacy of college admissions. When many individuals think of an Ivy League school, normally rich people come to mind. USC is a fantastic school and Olivia Jade took a scholarship and an acceptance from somebody who may have been more deserving of acceptance.