St. Patrick’s Day Parade Fun

The Chicago River is being dyed green for the St. Patrick’s Day. St. Patrick’s day fell on a Saturday during the 2019 year. Image Source: Bilgin S. Sasmaz/Getty Images

On March 16, 2018 people from the surrounding Chicagoland area visited downtown Chicago for the annual Chicago St. Patrick’s Day parade. Some students dressed up in green and traveled to the city with their friends.

“I like the parade because I was able to see so many people that I don’t usually see. My friends and I got to get dressed up and all go together to the city,” Madeline Shone (11) said.

The parade is always an attractive activity to students. The Chicago River being dyed green takes part on parade day every year. Because the city is already filled with people different odors swarm the downtown air.

“I enjoyed walking downtown more than actually going to the parade. I was hit with a variety of stenched that I did not enjoy,” Kyle Blum (11) said.

Some students couldn’t take part in the parade, but wish they could have. Many students have different responsibilities that come first before they could be able to attend the parade.

“I wish I could have went to the parade but I had to work nine hours at my job. I think it would have been really fun to go with all my friends and have a good time with them,” Ethan Ramos (11) said.