Review: Us

Zora+Wilson%2C+played+by+Shahidi%2C+threatens+her+double.+This+movie+came+out+March+22%2C+2019.+
Zora Wilson, played by Shahidi, threatens her double. This movie came out March 22, 2019.

Us is the second movie that comedian Jordan Peele has directed. This mystery/thriller message is centered around the fact that we are our own worst enemy. The movie focuses around the Wilson family that includes Adelaide (Lupita Nyong’o), Gabe (Winston Duke)  and their two kids, Zora (Shahidi) and Jason (Evan Alex).

Adelaide and Gabe decide to take their kids to stay in their vacation home by Santa Cruz. Before this trip, though, Adelaide had a traumatic experience at a game house on the Santa Cruz beach when she was just eight years old. Back to the present, Adelaide starts to notice coincidences happen to her. Once the sun sets, Adelaide expresses that she wants to leave, but just as she says that, a family of four, who look just like the Wilsons, are at the front of their door. Gabe attempts to defend his family but fails as they all break into their house. Red (Adelaide’s tether), explains how she wants revenge on Adelaide and her family and try to kill them with gold scissors.

The Wilsons face obstacles that their evil doppelgängers bring towards them leading to fighting, hiding, and killing all throughout the movie. With a complete unexpected twist at the end, this movie will be one hard forget.