Girls Tennis Takes on Hanover

Jennie+Tulsiak+%2810%29+reaches+for+the+ball%2C+JV+beat+Hanover+8-3.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Girls Tennis Takes on Hanover

Jennie Tulsiak (10) reaches for the ball, JV beat Hanover 8-3.

Mikaila Zvyak

On Thursday, April 11, the Lake Central girls tennis team competed against Hanover High School. Varsity won with a score of 5-0 and JV came out on top with a final score of  8-3.

“I just kind of mentally prepared how I did because I already had two matches before this and I was expecting the same results. I was just going to start aggressive,” Leah Palkon (9) said.

With the weather not being up to ideal standards, players had to make improvements and try to adjust.

“I definitely could have taken some harder shots but with the wind it makes it a little more difficult to hit in the corners and stuff like that,” Hanna Mihalic (12) said.

With the season just starting, there is much excitement for the rest of the season.

“I am excited [for the season] because I know it just keeps getting harder and I will gain more experience as I play more matches,” Palkon said.

For some students, this season will be their last. They are excited to see what the season holds for them.

“It’s pretty crazy [to be a senior] because I have always looked up to the seniors each year so it’s really different to be that person in that position now. It’s nice to be able to lead some of the underclassmen. It’s really nice to be there for them and I am really excited to end my high school career strong,” Liberty Toweson (12) said.

The teams next match is Monday, April 15th, against Whiting High School.

• Leah Palkon (9) jumps to hit the ball. Varsity beat Hanover 5-0.

• Leah Palkon (9) serves the ball over the net. Palkon won her match 6-0.

• Hanna Mihalic (12) practices her serves during warm ups. Mihalic competed in a singles matches.

• Hanna Mihalic (12) returns the ball to her opponent. This is Mihalic’s second year on the team.

• Jennie Tulsiak (10) reaches for the ball, JV beat Hanover 8-3.