JV Girls Softball Takes Down the Vikings

The girls JV softball team played Valparaiso on April 10 at home. The girls won the game against Valparaiso with a score of 15-2. Like their other games, this match needed preparation.

“I have a routine of hitting and fielding drills that I do both the night before on my own and prior to the game,” Logan Sivak (10) said.

With all the preparation for the game, the girls were able to perform well against their opponent. They applied many of their practices into the game which helped them win.

“We practice every day after school, [on] Saturday mornings and before games we pregame and have batting practice to be ready and prepared for the game,” Gabby Fredricks (10) said.

The girls played some of their strongest softball against Valparaiso. Each player was able to help contribute to the team’s success in some way.

“Our pitching and defense was very good against Valparaiso last night. Everyone contributed by hitting the ball hard and putting the ball in play to move runners,” Sivak said.

The season has just recently started and they have had a good start with a record of 6-2. The girls continue to look forward to improving and bonding as a team as the season continues.

“I’m looking forward to lots of wins and bonding with new people on the team and having a fun and good season,” Fredericks said.