Lady Indians take on the Portage Varsity Softball

Morgan+Hoppe+%2811%29+talks+to+a+teammate+before+going+up+to+bat.+Hoppe+played+outfield+for+the+Indians.+
Morgan Hoppe (11) talks to a teammate before going up to bat. Hoppe played outfield for the Indians.

The varsity softball team took on Portage High School on Wednesday, April 24, at 4:30, home fields. They defeated portage with a score of 9-0.

“We are all hitting the ball very well. Our pitching and our defense has been very good. We have had a very good season so far,” Jenna Towle (12) said.  

Some girls went into this season not knowing what to expect. The team lost many seniors coming into this season.

“After losing seven of our nine starters, we knew we had big shoes to fill. I think we have done a good job of stepping up as underclassmen to have a successful season,” Peyton Pepkowski (10) said.

The girls went into this season with very high hopes after going far in sectionals last year. They hope to work hard this season and make it even farther.

“We are prepared enough to win DAC this year. Everyone has underestimated us since we lost a lot of starters last season. We are still number one in DAC play so we just need to keep up our hard work and stay focused,” Morgan Hoppe (11) said.