JV Girls Defeat the Portage Softball Team

Back to Article
Back to Article

Madison Zielke (10) is winding up. Zielke pitched the game against Portage High School.

Luke Hamilton

Girls JV Softball played against Portage on Wednesday, April 24th. The girls won 11-0.

“I feel like the game went very well. We all hit the ball very hard and we all had great plays in the field,” Gabrielle Fredrickson (10) said.

Girls on the team felt a lot of emotions going into the season. Some were a mix of nervousness and excitement.

“Going into the game I definitely was excited. The last time we played Portage it was a really good game,” Olivia Balog (9) said.

One of the pitchers, Madison Zielke (10) speaks about how she has changed throughout the season. Zielke said that, at first, she was very nervous to pitch.

“In the beginning of the season, I was pretty nervous and wasn’t throwing a lot of strikes. Tonight, I think I threw pretty good and all my pitches were working really well. I hope to keep improving on all my pitches and see what is in store for me throughout the season,” Zielke said.

• Cayla Costello (9) stares down the ball at home plate. She made it to first base.

• Madison Zielke (10) prepares to pitch the softball. This was Zielke’s first year on JV.

• Abbie Dobricky (10) prepares to hit the ball. The girls won 11-0.

• Madison Zielke (10) is winding up. Zielke pitched the game against Portage High School.

• Kiley Connor (9) slides into the base. Her team cheered in the background.