N-Teens discusses new opportunities

Students gather around Mrs. Kelsey Becich, English, as she discusses the ideas for Winter Formal. The themes for formal this year are “Float On”, Candy Land, Neon Lights, “We Will be Friends”, White, and Aquarium.

On Oct. 16, the monthly N-Teens meeting took place in the LGI and members discussed new volunteer opportunities.

Mrs. Kelsey Becich, English, discussed new volunteering jobs like the NWI Light the Night Walk on Sunday, Oct 18, at the Lake County Fairgrounds in Crown Point.

Another volunteer opportunity was the the National Nileman Pick Disease Foundation Craft & Vendor Fair, was held on Sunday, Oct 19 at the Radisson in Merrillville at 10:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m and the 13th Annual Holiday Shopping Spree & Craft Show held in Dyer on Nov. 21st and 22nd.

“[I plan to volunteer for] the 13th Annual Holiday Shopping Spree & Craft Show,” Jasmin Alvarado (11) said.

N-Teens can benefit students in different ways. The club gets students involved with the community and helps them interact with new people.

“It helps me to be more open to volunteering with other people,” Rachel Vangundy (11) said.

After the meeting, some students stayed after a discussed the ideas for Winter Formal. The themes for formal were discussed. The themes discussed for formal are “Float On”, Candy Land, Neon Lights, “We Will Be Friends”, White, and Aquarium. After the themes were presented, students casted their votes on the topic they preferred.

“I voted for the neon lights [theme],” said Vangundy (11).