Junior Class Cabinet Callout Meeting

Payal Bhatt (11), Alexis Wilkes (11), Frances Kornelik (11) and Spero Vrehas (11) talk together after the meeting. The meeting ended around 2:20 p.m.

On Sept. 1, the first Junior Class Cabinet meeting was held to discuss upcoming projects for this year.

“It’s going to be really fun. I’ve done it the last two years. I know this year we have Prom, so we’re going to have an actual dance that we’re in charge of which is cool. It’ll be a little busier, and we’ll have more to do,” Nicole Geer (11) said.

Sponsors Ms. Carrie Wadycki, English, and Mrs. Sarah Verpooten, English, were happy with the way the first meeting turned out.

“The first meeting, I think, went really well. It was a short and sweet callout meeting to get people to come help with Homecoming stuff, but I think we had a good number of people show up, and that’s good. Let’s hope they come back,” Ms. Wadycki said.

Any junior who wants to be involved in planning major events is welcome to join Junior Class Cabinet.

“Junior Class Cabinet is a fun year to be active because we get to plan Prom, and that’s a major event of the school year. If you want some input to the theme and colors and all that good stuff, you should definitely come out,” Ms. Wadycki said.

The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 9 in Room 9114 right after school.