Contest play auditions a success

Sophia+Boeckstiegel+%2810%29%2C+Cora+Sakal+%2811%29%2C++and+Nichole+Heusmann+%2812%29+audition+for+contest+play.+Each+gave+forth+their+best+effort+and+had+excellent+teamwork+during+auditions.+
Sophia Boeckstiegel (10), Cora Sakal (11), and Nichole Heusmann (12) audition for contest play. Each gave forth their best effort and had excellent teamwork during auditions.

On Tuesday, Sept. 15, actors and actresses auditioned for the contest play.  A contest play is a show that is performed at competitions, including regionals and state.

“I auditioned because when I read the script, I instantly fell in love with it. There’s a very interesting teenage aspect to this kind of show, and this is something that’s real. I’ve always been in comedies, or this and that, but I’ve never done a serious [show],” Evelyn Reder (11) said.

This year the play is Every Seventeen Minutes the Crowd Goes Crazy by Paul Zindel. Many students auditioned for it and received a role.

“I think [ the auditions] went really well. I’m kind of worried because there’s a lot of really good people [auditioning], and it’s not a huge cast,” Olivia Throckmartin (10) said.
The students found out the night of auditions if they made the cut. The show will perform for the public on Nov. 11 and 12 and will start competing on Nov. 21.