New and Improved ‘Hoco’

Students throw their hands up for the photo. A large majority of the attendees danced to this song.

The annual Homecoming dance was held on Sept. 26. Everyone danced the night away in Town Square and the Rotunda. Compared to last year’s nonexistent Homecoming dance, this year’s dance was remodeled to attract the attention of more students.

The halls were decorated with various shades of blue and flashing lights.The exciting dance atmosphere was the result of the Dollars for Scholars members’ efforts.

“I think the staff did a good job. It was pretty much what I expected. It reminded me of [the] eighth grade graduation dance,” Maxwell Born (9) said.

The dance started off with optional pictures in Main Street. Finger food and drinks were offered by ‘Club Blue’. As people began to settle in and kick off their shoes, dance attendees made their way to the dance floor that was accompanied by a DJ.

There were few slow dances because most people came in groups with their friends rather than in couples. Most students danced the entire night.

“I was happy I came with my friends instead of a date because I could just dance with all of them instead of just my date,” Taylor Chandler (10) said.