Pepping Up For The Homecoming Game

Julio Herrera, Echo/Comet Photo Editor

Students and staff went to the Pep Rally during PtE on Sept. 30. The Pep Rally included the Centralettes, cheerleaders, powderpuff teams and the Homecoming court; part of that court was Troy Howell (10).

“Being on the court was fun, especially going out in the field. I wasn’t nervous because I had friends on the court like Cal Bowman. My best part was when they called all of our names when we were on the field,” Howell said. 

Howell was calm from the Pep Rally because he had his friends with him. The last event in the Pep Rally was a tricycle race and one for the people that rode was Cylea Loeffler (11).

“It was fun. The most exciting part was when they announced the Homecoming court. The tricycle race was fun except I was the only junior who showed up for junior class cabinet so I had to ride with the sophomores and none of us could reach the petals. If would have been more exciting if there were more activities, but it was decent,” Loeffler said.

Although Loeffler rode for the Sophomore Class Cabinet, the Senior Class Cabinet won. After the powderpuff game, another junior who watched had their own opinions about the Pep Rally.

“The Pep Rally was really fun because I liked getting to be outside and it really made me excited for the game and the dance. I really liked watching the powderpuff game because it was entertaining and my grade won. Performing the dances with my team in front of the school is always fun because we work really hard so they look good and I like getting to hear what my friends thought of the dance. I think one thing that could have been more exciting was announcing the homecoming court because I was kind of bored,” Taylor Rippe (11) said.