NHS volunteers for the better

The++NHS+information+sheet+is+passed+around+at+the+beginning+of+the+meeting.+Members+referred+to+this+sheet+for+new+information+of+upcoming+events%2C+dues%2C+hours+and+volunteer+opportunities.+
The NHS information sheet is passed around at the beginning of the meeting. Members referred to this sheet for new information of upcoming events, dues, hours and volunteer opportunities.

National Honor Society held its second meeting of the school year on Thursday, Oct. 8, in the LGI.

“[I joined NHS] for volunteering opportunities, and I think it’ll look good on college applications,” Elise Classen (12) said.

Many members are looking forward to the numerous volunteer opportunities the club offers to its members. Each member is responsible for attaining 20 volunteer hours first semester and 15 volunteer hours second semester.

“I’m looking forward to a way to find different opportunities for volunteering and different opportunities to help out the community,” Classen said.

This meeting was focused on dues, upcoming events, volunteer opportunities and hours. There are several upcoming events such as the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Light the Night Walk and the Tri-Town Safety Village Halloween event.
“[The goal of this meeting was] to inform our members of the events that we need to volunteer for for the next meeting,” Ms. Rhonda York, English, said.