Crazy for County Line

A barrel of pumpkins sits outside of the main entrance to the County Line Orchard gift shop. Visitors could purchase pumpkins here and look at flowers.

As the weather gets colder, County Line Orchard in Hobart, Ind. begins to flood with students looking to participate in fun fall activities.

“I like going to County Line because there’s always a ton of people there and you get to experience a whole bunch of new things,” Dana Brownewell (10) said.

County Line offers a variety of fall activities and items suitable for all ages to enjoy.

“They offer apple picking, going on hayrides, the sunflower flower fields and corn mazes,” Brownewell said. “My favorite part is probably the sunflower fields. They make for really good pictures and there’s always really scenic stuff back there.”

In addition to the activities available, County Line has a gift shop filled with toys, clothing, baked goods, ciders and their popular doughnuts.

“I like the doughnuts,” Samantha Bredar (10) said. “[They] are pretty tasty. The pumpkin ones are my favorite.”

County Line closes on Nov. 1,  so try and get those fresh picked apples and doughnuts while they’re still available.