Teens team up to volunteer

Students look through theme options for Winter Formal. In past years, N-Teens has been in charge of organizing Winter Formal in past years.

N-Teens met up on Nov. 10 to discuss upcoming volunteer events and Winter Formal planning. N-Teens is a club that focuses on volunteer work and community service.

“My favorite part of N-Teens is helping out my community and trying out different volunteer options,” Samantha Tugman (10) said.

The N-Teens is also in charge of organizing Winter Formal. The club members were introduced to three themes to vote on at the meeting, including storybook, around the world and Hollywood.

“Winter Formal is a huge project and it is really neat to see it all come together and for the kids to be successful,” Mrs. Kelsey Becich, English, said.

The N-Teens also discussed new volunteer opportunities and a group trip to Chicago. The club members are expected to complete at least 30 service hours by the end of the school year.

“[N-Teens] is a really good way to meet more people, especially since it is such a big school.  It is also a great way to serve the community that helps out our school,” Becich said.

The next meeting is on Nov. 24 after school in the cafeteria.