Student Council discusses upcoming Color Fun Run event

Mr. Robert Kania, Science, runs Student Council. Mr. Kania discussed shirts that can be sold for the Color Fun Run.

On March 1, a Student Council meeting took place in Room C317. Many new projects and upcoming events were discussed during this meeting.

“[In Student Council] we usually arrange events or do projects that can help raise funds. Right now we are trying really hard to promote the Color Fun Run and the 5K,” Rachel Frieling (11) said.

The Color Fun Run is to raise money for Riley’s Children’s Hospital in Indianapolis. It will take place on May 14.

“I have not sold anything to the sponsors yet, but I am working on it. People should really do it because it helps the school, and it is really fun,” Tyler Dernulc (12) said.

The Student Council often helps raise funds for activities by having social events. One new project that started this year was the Lake Central Student Foundation, which is to create scholarships for students that attend Lake Central and are actively involved in clubs.

“It is really fun being in Student Council because I really enjoy organizing events. I hope our next project is a success,” Breanna Zeller (12) said.

The next Student Council meeting will not be held until after Spring Break.