NHS discusses blood drive

Students+look+over+a+list+that+included+different+opportunities+to+receive+service+hours.+At+the+end+of+the+NHS+meeting%2C+students+were+able+to+sign+up+for+the+event+of+their+choice.+
Students look over a list that included different opportunities to receive service hours. At the end of the NHS meeting, students were able to sign up for the event of their choice.

On Thursday, April 7, National Honor Society, led by Miss Rhonda York, English, held a meeting in the LGI Room.

“We discussed all of the upcoming events [the students] can volunteer for to earn service hours,” Miss York said.

Throughout the year, students have grown from joining NHS. They recognize positive effects the club has added to their morals and personalities.

“National Honor Society has taught me to be more helpful towards the community and I can see that I am more responsible after joining [NHS],” Jesus Rivera (12) said.

As the end of the year is approaching, National Honors Society has been working on big projects of their own.

“The biggest thing that we are doing right now is the blood drive. It’s our second one of the year and is on April 22. Students volunteer all day long throughout the course of the event itself,” Miss York said.

NHS meetings are held on the first Thursday of every month.