A night to remember

Balloons decorate the tables at Villa Cesare. Senior Banquet was held on Friday, April 15.

On Friday, April 15, seniors gathered at Villa Cesare in Schererville, Ind., for Senior Banquet, a night filled with music, awards and food. It is a dance specifically for seniors and, instead of elaborate dresses and tuxes, seniors are encouraged to dress up in costumes.

“Since we didn’t have to get dressed up like Prom, we were just ourselves in silly costumes. It was silly just as much as it was fun,” Melanie Stepanovic (12) said.

The students were dressed up as anything from the “Phineas and Ferb” crew to the Barden Bellas from “Pitch Perfect.” An assortment of awards were handed out during the night.

“[I won] One-in-a-Million, Best Costume and me and Katarina [Radoja (12)] won Couple That Should Have Been. I was Frozone [from ‘The Incredibles’], so it was pretty fun to dress up like him,” Romel Spight (12) said.

Compared to other school dances, Senior Banquet is more laid back. Students look forward to seeing the costumes people come up with.

“My favorite part about the night was seeing how much work everyone put into their costumes and how creative everybody was,” Lindsey Gercken (12) said.

Senior Banquet provides a way for students to spend time with the people in their grade for one of the last times. New memories were made that night on the dance floor.

“It’s just [for] the seniors so you know most of the people there. It’s not as crowded [as other dances] so there’s more room to dance with all my friends. It was a good time with all the seniors,” Spight said.