A fashion forward field trip

Buyers walk around the Jewelry, Fashion and Accessories Trade Show. The trade show took place from Oct. 20 to Oct. 23 in Rosemont, Ill.

On Thursday, Oct. 20, select students from Mrs. Cyndi Hurley’s, Business, Fashion Merchandising classes traveled to Chicago to shop and view TransWorld’s Jewelry, Fashion and Accessories Show held at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Ill.

JF&A serves as a four day event trade show where various vendors from around the country sell different types of jewelry, apparel, accessories, decor and cosmetics to buyers. While there, Hurley’s students had the opportunity to shop and experience businesses and merchandisers sell their goods.

“It was pretty interesting. There were a bunch of cool stores everywhere. My favorite booth was a boutique with these weird, fashion purses,” Katelyn Prince (11) said.

After students had the opportunity to experience the bustling crowds and numerous goods at the trade show, they headed to the Fashion Outlets of Chicago for more hours of shopping and fun.

“[At the mall] I walked around and ate food,” Prince said.

Students agree that the  field trip was a unique and interesting opportunity to experience merchandising and a glimpse at the fashion business first hand.