Best Buddies trick-or-treat in the halls

Alyssa Gomez (10) sat down in conversation with Austin Huber (12) before trick or treating. They had a conversation about upcoming events.

On Monday, Oct. 24, Best Buddies held a Halloween-themed meeting in the cafeteria. At this meeting students volunteering were paired up with their buddies for the year and also went trick-or-treating in Main Street.

“[When] we get paired with a buddy, we hang out with them at the meetings and talk with them. Even after the meetings, we still get to talk to them and hang out with [our buddies],” Sarah Tellas (11) said.

In addition to hanging out with the buddies at after school meetings, the volunteers are required to hang out with your buddy once every month.

“It’s fun for me because I get paired with a buddy, and that really makes me happy” Nicolas Rossi (12) said.

At the meeting Tellas found out that Rossi was her new buddy. After getting to know their buddies, they received treat bags and went trick-or-treating in the center of Lake Central.

“[I like] getting paired with a buddy, and getting to make a new, lifelong friend,” Tellas said.

The next Best Buddies meeting will be held on Nov. 7.