A community of writers

Anna McCuaig (10) writes an interpretation of a video shown at the club meeting. The next meeting will be Thursday, Nov. 17.

On Nov. 3, the Creative Writing Club got together to spark inspiration and motivation for writing.

“It’s a place where like-minded people can come together and share a love of writing. We have a wide variety of writers, which is also really fun. Some like to write short stories or novels, while others enjoy writing poetry,” Alexa Pinarski (11) said.

Pinarski and Sam Szewczyck (11) created the club this year to give student writers a place to be expressive and help each other with their work.

“I like writing, and I wanted to go to a place where I can bounce ideas off of other people and do fun writing activities,” Nicole Kozel (10) said.

The club feels that Lake Central should have a creative writing class, like the school has had in previous years.

“Nearly all of the writing done in English class is not creative. Because of this, I think people tend to forget just how fun and beautiful writing can be. A creative writing class would give students [a way] to explore their creative side in a way that is usually not encouraged in English class,” Pinarski said.