Into the musical

Most of the girls from the cast sing the “Act One Finale.” The entire cast was divided into three parts based on their roles.

Even though there was an unexpected delay in the release of the cast list, everyone involved in this year’s musical was excited to bring “Into the Woods” to Lake Central.

“The cast list being released later than we all expected it to be was very stressful, but I am glad the directors took their time with it,” Isabella Gomez (12) said.

“Into the woods” has a small cast of 26 and the technical part of the show only has 36 spots.

“I would say maybe more than usual because there are more than a hundred kids now that are coming out for things, but I’ve been doing it for 15 years so I kind of have a system,” Mrs. Pamela Neth, English said when asked about whether casting itself was difficult.

The musical takes a twist on classic fairy tales and is a perfect show for people of all ages.

“‘Into the Woods’ is all about fairy tales, and the first act is very much your traditional fairy tale and then the second act is basically how everything unravels, so [its] like the ‘ever after,’” Adam Gustas (12) said.

The cast is excited to put on the show. After all, the show must go on.

“I think the show is cast very well, and I am so excited to take it on with such a great group of people,” Gomez said.