The faces behind formal

Mrs. Kelsey Becich, English, opens the N-Teens meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 22. They discussed this year’s Winter Formal.

N-Teens is picking up as they launch full-force into preparation for this year’s Winter Formal.

“N-Teens is in charge of planning and decorating for the Winter Formal. We had a meeting to pick out a theme, and we decided on decorations that would match our theme. The day of formal we put up our decorations. We are also in charge of voting for senior king and queen at the dance,” Rachel Eder (11) said.

N-teens is not only in charge of Winter Formal, but they are also a community service based group and every member is required to perform 30 service hours each semester.

“A lot of [students] are volunteering at food banks and soup kitchens over Thanksgiving and winter break,” Mrs. Kelsey Becich, English, said.

Students are still invited to join N-teens, although the minimum of 30 service hours is still required by the end of semester, so it may be more difficult for new members to acquire those hours than those who joined earlier in the year.