N-Teens form Formal plans

Students attend the N-Teens meeting. The club s started to plan winter formal.

Students gather in the LGI for their monthly N-Teens meeting. The club is an extracurricular social activity for the school that benefits the society.

“N-Teens is basically a place where we volunteer at different social service centers and we all help out the community,” Jaskiran Kaur (11) said.

The club is currently planning the upcoming Winter Formal dance. N-Teens plans, sets up and helps out at the dance. The club will be meeting every Wednesday until the dance.

“We usually meet once a month, but towards the winter time we are in charge of Winter Formal so we meet more often now,” Kaur said.

This club does not only plan the school dances. They also volunteer at local schools and any other services within the Region.

“We volunteer at any middle schools that may need help. Sometimes other people or groups in the community ask us for help so we help them,” Kaur said.

The club can benefit people in many different ways. There are a wide range of the need to help others, the need for NHS hours or service hours for a college application.

“I chose to do N-Teens because I really like the club, and it will end up benefitting me in the future when I am filling out college applications,” Safia Mohhudain (10) said.