Interacting with the community

Madison Spoerner (10) and Brianna McCormack (10) sign in for Interact. The club has helped start many fundraisers in the past, including Buds for Bossi.

Interact Club met Monday, Feb. 28 to discuss upcoming events. The club also talked about the recent Buds for Bossi fundraiser which was for Vincent Bossi (9).

“We just finished the rose selling for Vincent Bossi, [in] which we earned $718 for his family. Next, we are trying to go into Pennies for Polio, which raises money for vaccines in countries that don’t have that privilege of having these vaccines,” Alexis Nikolovski (11) said.

The club also discussed the upcoming St. Baldrick’s fundraiser. An assembly will be held on St. Patrick’s Day to conclude the fundraiser.  

“Maya McCants [11], one of our members, has really been working hard on [the St. Baldrick’s fundraiser.] She has been asking [Interact] to help her with certain tasks. Right now, she told us that we have a good number of people willing to shave their heads for [the fundraiser]. We’re still working on getting the word out, and we’re hoping it goes very well on St. Patrick’s Day,” Nikolovski said.

The club champions community service. Past fundraisers include the Food Drive and March of Dimes.

“[Interact] helps the community. It raises money for great causes, and it is just a lot of fun to be a part of. We’re doing more and more [charity work] each time, we’re coming up with new ideas every meeting [and] we’re talking about new things that we can do and how we can do them,” Erika Araujo (11) said.