Out With a Bang

Daniel Picioski (12), Rylee Platusic (11), Molly Stokes (11) and Christopher Baranowski (12) grin at the cameras. Prom was the last dance of the school year.

This year’s prom was a night filled with excitement and energy. Held on May 6, the dance was full of lively dancing, bright lights and chocolate fountains. Newcomers to prom, like Ishika Prakash (11), were excited about the night.  

“I’m just excited about the whole LC community coming together and just having so much fun. It’s my first prom so, especially after all of the AP testing, it’s a nice way to relax. I need this,” Prakash said.

Before the dance began, students and their families gathered in the auditorium for the Grand March. As each couple walked to the front of the stage they posed for their parents to take pictures.

“[The Grand March is] a little awkward and people get nervous because so many people come and basically stare at you and take loads of pictures, but I love the Grand March because I can always hear my mom and my friends hyping me up. And I just love being able to show off how good me and my date look after spending my whole day getting ready for it,” Corinne Blastick (11) said.

Most students that attend prom are juniors and seniors. However, some can go to prom as sophomores, like Blastick.

“I loved [prom] last year, but this year was different. This prom was special to me because all my friends were able to be there with me. Nothing makes memories more special than being able to have a great time with the best people in your life,” Blastick said.

At the end of the night, the prom court was announced. Joseph Graziano (12) and Inna Ramos (12) were crowned king and queen. Joseph Copeland (11) and Claire Gronek (11) were crowned prince and princess.

“It was very surreal. To this day, I still can’t comprehend and wrap my head around it. It’s one of those moments you hear about that you tend to just push aside and disregard because it seems so far fetched in itself, but then it actually happens and you’re like woah, this is real,” Ramos said.

For seniors, prom is their last school dance. It’s their last big event before graduation.

“[This prom] is special because it’s my senior prom. It’s my last one, so I’ve gotta go out with a bang,” Anthony Pavloski (12) said.