Interacting with the community

Students+stay+after+for+interact+club+in+C313+to+discuss+the+food+drive.+Officers+Rachel+Eder+%2812%29+and+Katarina+Nikolovski+%2810%29+talked+to+the+members+about+different+volunteer+opportunities.+
Students stay after for interact club in C313 to discuss the food drive. Officers Rachel Eder (12) and Katarina Nikolovski (10) talked to the members about different volunteer opportunities.

On Tuesday, Oct. 17, Interact Club held a meeting in Room C313 to talk to current members  about the food drive. Mr. Thomas Clark, Social Studies, is the sponsor for the club and finds opportunities to help others.

“This will be my second year and it’s a fun club, and it is also a service club. We get to contribute to the community and give back to people. This club is also a great way to get service hours for NHS which is a nice plus,” Erica Araujo (12) said.

During the meeting, members signed up for PTE to come in and help work on posters for the food drive explaining what items they are collecting. Students decided what days they wanted to volunteer at the food drive.

“I have been in Interact Club since freshman year. Next year I will get to be in charge of organizing meetings and planning the food drive. It is a great way to give back to the less fortunate and those in need,” Katarina Nikolovski (10) said.

Next Wednesday, Oct 25, History Club and Interact will combine together for a Halloween party in the L.G.I. to enjoy some snacks and watch Halloween movies of which they voted on during the meeting.