Lending a helping hand

Every+Tuesday+students+meet+in+C313+for+Interact+Club.+It+has+been+a+club+at+the+school+for+20+years.+
Every Tuesday students meet in C313 for Interact Club. It has been a club at the school for 20 years.

On Tuesday, Nov. 28, Interact Club met in C313 to discuss the ongoing food drive.

“Interact is a community service based club sponsored by Rotary and we join up with the school and places in our area [to] do drives and community service and help raise money,” Caitlin Mavity (12) said.

The club partakes in other drives and fundraisers throughout the year. Interact also helps other groups in the school with setting up fundraisers.

“Last year, we did rose for one of the students here. We also do March of Dimes and Pennies for Polio. This year we’re also helping with Hurricane Harvey in Puerto Rico fundraising,” Mavity said.

With Hurricane Harvey, the club acted quickly to help set up the fundraiser by creating posters and assisting with donations.

“[The hurricane] seemed [to] just [have] happened and before I knew it, we were already assisting in collecting money for those in need,” Ayana Manyweather (12) said.

Interact plans on collecting donations for Hurricane Harvey at the next three basketball games. The posters will go on booths.

“[The posters] show our cause and hopefully get people wanting to donate,” Monica Luna (12) said.

Students join Interact to help their communities and those who are less fortunate.

“I think it’s better to give back to the world than to just take. Especially in our area we’re so blessed with a lot of things event when we think we aren’t. It’s nice to give back to people even in our region who are suffering and people in our world who are suffering. It’s just good to give a little bit of love back,” Mavity said.