Starting sectionals with a win

Emma Best (10) passes the ball over the net. Her teammates and coach watched anxiously waiting for her to make it over.

On Thursday, Oct. 11, the girls varsity volleyball team dominated their sectional game against the Lowell Red Devils. The girl wasted no time and swept the game by winning every match.

“I would say we definitely played well for our first game of sectionals. It definitely showed us what we are doing well on and what we need to improve on [when] coming into to play both Crown Point and hopefully Munster,” Kasseidi Lessentine (12) said.

The next challenge the girls face is their semi-sectional game against the Crown Point Bulldogs. Their previous games have helped them learn what they need to improve on to continue their winning streak.

“We need to improve on talking and communication [as well as] working together and pushing through the whole game,” Samantha Hurubean (11) said.

Although they have identified their weaknesses and have been working on fixing them, the team knows that they need a positive mentality and attitude to take the next win.

“We got a good group. It’s just a matter of whether we can come together and make sure we are clicking on all cylinders. A lot of it is mental. When we play really well, our energy is really high and if we start making mistakes sometimes, not always, mentally we get down. We can’t do that this Saturday,” Matthew Clark, head coach, said.

Be sure to come out to support the Lady Indians as they face off against Crown Point this Saturday., Oct. 13 at home at 12 p.m.