Lake Central’s Parking Lots

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lake Central’s Parking Lots

The red lot is the most popular lot at Lake Central.

Avery Robinson, Print Staff

One of the greatest freedoms a high schooler gains is the ability to drive once they have received their license. This is not only a new luxury, but is also very convenient for teenagers (and parents) to arrive and leave from school as they please, dependent on tutoring times or after school practices/clubs.

“[I park in] red lot because it’s closest to door B and I get out faster. It wasn’t hard [my first time driving in it] because it was just like normal parking. My mom made me park in green [lot] my first year of driving because she thought I was going to hit somebody. I drove alone my first time coming to school and going home. I don’t think the parking pass is overpriced because Marian Catholic’s is $75,” Morgan Hoppe (12) said..

To keep students safe through security cameras and traffic directors, drivers must pay $25 for a parking pass. A perk of paying includes students receiving the option of which lot they would like to have a spot in. All in all, many licensed teenagers enjoy their new freedom and being able to use it on a daily basis.

“[I park in] red lot because it’s the main lot and I get out fast. All of my friends are parked there,” Peyton Pepkowski (11) said.