Q&A: Nirali Bhatt (10)

Nirali Bhatt (10) talks on how she has been dealing with her free time and how she has adapted to the learning changes for the rest of the year. She has focused on school and keeping herself occupied thus far.

Eden Schilling, Photo Editor

Q: What’s the most interesting thing you’ve done over this “coronacation”?

A: “The most interesting thing I’ve probably done is go to the grocery store with my mom since I haven’t been able to hang out with friends or go anywhere else.”

Q: What’s the worst part about “coronacation”?

A: “The worst part is that I don’t get to see my friends and I feel like I’m missing my high school experience because we’re quarantined and there’s nothing to do.”

Q: How is your new routine and what have you been doing?

A: “My new routine involves more sleep and exercise which is better for my health but also involves calling my friends constantly because I’m sad I don’t get to see them in person, so I’ve been facetiming them a lot and keeping in touch with other family members and friends.”

Q: Do you like e-learning more or school in real life? 

A: “I like real life learning better because online school is more busy work and in real life you are more likely to make connections with your teachers and have a more interactive environment. It’s easier to ask simple questions without having to email them constantly.”

Q: What activities have you been doing?

A: “Recently, I have been working out and going outside to keep myself active, I’ve been cooking and baking a lot more, I’ve been spending a lot more time with my family and I do other activities such as reading books, watching tv or making crafts to pass the time.”