Q&A: Hedaya Saleh (12)

Hedaya Saleh (12) is graduating a year early this year at LC. She gives advice to other students on what graduating early is all about.

Colleen Dyra, Print Staff

Q: Why are you graduating early?

A: “I am graduating early because I have been taking online classes for years before, and I really wanted to challenge myself and also get a head start on college and work.”  

Q: What college are you going to and why did you pick that college?

A: “To be honest I haven’t decided yet, but I am currently looking online during this pandemic we are in. Currently, I am not sure how many years I want to spend in college but I know that I [at] least want to get my associates degree, maybe in the future I want to get my bachelor’s nursing.” 

Q: What made you graduate early?

A: “It started when me and my family were deciding to move this summer so I wanted to finish all of my credits. That way I could get my diploma before I leave, and that way I could have the opportunity to start fresh at a college there.”

Q: Do you wish you would’ve stayed one more year at Lake Central? 

A: “Yes, sometimes I do wish I could stay one more year because I had a lot of great memories with my friends and teachers. The opportunities at Lake Central are rewarding and most importantly unforgettable.”

Q: What will you miss about Lake Central? 

A: “There are alot of things that I will miss about Lake Central, [like] my friends, the school setting, my teachers and a lot of the amazing courses that I have taken throughout these four years at LC.”

Q: Would you recommend other students to graduate early? 

A: “Yes, I would definitely recommend students to graduate early if they have the chance because it’s a great way to get an early start on your career. It gives you the opportunity to set your own schedule and to figure yourself out ahead of time.”

Q: What is the most challenging thing for you while you are graduating early? 

A: “The most challenging thing while graduating early is balancing both junior classes and senior classes at the same time while also deciding what college I want to go to at an early time. The career I want to major in is nursing but I’m not really sure what type of position I want yet. I also have decided to take a little break from school before I head to college because I want to make sure I choose the perfect college for me.”