Freshman girls volleyball win against the Portage Indians

Isabella+Born+%289%29+gets+into+position+as+she+waits+for+the+volley+to+begin.+Born+had+a+great+save+that+her+teammates+celebrated+her+for.+

Isabella Born (9) gets into position as she waits for the volley to begin. Born had a great save that her teammates celebrated her for.

Mia Born, Web Content Editor

On Thursday, Sept. 3, the Freshman girls volleyball team played against Portage. The girls defeated the Portage Indians in two sets. The night ended with a 25-23, 25-18 win.  

“The game was definitely one of the games I feel our team truly played as a team. We are now starting to play as one and work together. I was happy with the outcome of the game and how our team was starting to play together,” Allie Griffin (9) said. 

Although the girls did win the game they still believe that they have some things to work on for their next game. 

“As a team we could improve on playing at a high intensity level all the time, and as an individual I am going to work on giving my team whatever they need both on the court and off the court,” Isabella Born (9) said.

Due to COVID-19 the girls have faced some other challenges unlike any other season. 

“COVID has made the season different from any other and it’s very annoying at some points. Wearing the masks whenever you’re not on the court is definitely a challenge, but I think we are all getting used to it. Going to every game knowing it could be the last makes me want to always play my best in the game so I know if it was the last, I could be happy with how I played,” Ashley Reznik (9) said. 

Their next game is on Tuesday, Sept. 8 against Michigan City. This will be their 8th game of the season.