Annihilation of Andrean: JV Girls Soccer’s Triumph

Brooke Follrad, Web Content Editor in Chief

On Sept. 24, the JV girls soccer team crushed Andrean 6-0 during their away game. The goals were scored by Daniella Moore (9), Isabel Chavez (9), Francesca DeLuca (9), Rylee Walczak (9), Jiana Church (9) and Lauren Prasopoulos (10).

“I think [today’s game] went really well. [The girls] did exactly how I asked them to play, especially going down one ten on the field, we had nine out there. They adjusted the way they needed to adjust, possessed the ball really well and I was able to get a lot of girls playing time. They stepped up and did what they needed to do,” Coach Heather Olson said.

This game was an outstanding example of how well the girls work together. They exhibited very strong teamwork and communication skills while on and off the field. 

“I have definitely improved and I met a lot of new people. I feel like we improved as a team, too,” Elizabeth Tocci (10) said. 

This season, the girls JV team has won games and lost. Throughout the game, there was a tough defense line and a quick functioning offense. While speaking to the team, they expressed their gratitude for Coach Olson.

“The season is honestly really good, it’s a lot better than last season. Our JV team improved a lot since last season. We have a lot more team bonding and new coaches [that are] a lot better,” Erin Pistello (10) said. 

The home game on Monday, Sept. 28 against Griffith has been canceled. This is due to corona complications with the opposing team. You can still support both JV and Varsity. The next and final game of the season is taking place at Lowell High School at 5 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 1.

“My favorite part about coaching the game is just making that family the girls, seeing the girls passion. I mean, it stinks when the girls get upset, but it’s just showing how much they care,” Olson said.