COVID-19 updates: 11/4-11/11

Riley Knestrict, Web Content Editor-in-Chief

To keep the Lake Central community updated on all current COVID-19 stats, this story will be published weekly with the new numbers for the week. The latest update was Nov. 11.

This new week brought an increase in COVID-19 cases and the number of those quarantined for almost all schools in the corporation (excluding Clark Middle School). The number of cases since Aug. 20 has come to a total of 170 from the total of 103 last week.

COVID-19 Positivity Rates:

The overall positivity rate of the corporation as a whole has increased from 1.1%  to 1.8%. The following school’s positivity rates have increased as well: Bibich, Homan, Kolling, Peifer, Watson, Grimmer, Kahler, and Lake Central High School. The following school’s positivity rates have decreased: Clark. The following school’s positivity rates have stayed the same: Protsman.

In the elementary schools, there have been lower numbers of positivity. Bibich’s has increased from 0.4% to 0.6%. Homan, Kolling, and Peifer’s rates having increased from 0 to 0.4% for Homan, 1.4% for Kolling, and 1.4% for Peifer. Watson’s rate is now 1%, which increased from its previous rate of 0.4%.  Protsman’s rate has stayed the same at 0.5%. 

Grimmer Middle School’s rate has increased from 0.6% to 0.9%. Clark’s positivity rate has decreased from 0.6% to 0.4%. Lastly, Kahler’s positivity rate has increased from 0 to 1.6%. Lake Central High School has decreased its positivity rate from last week from 0.09% to 0.3%.

COVID-19 Quarantine Rates

Quarantine rates have continued to rise, bringing the total number of those quarantined in the school corporation to 1,422 from last week’s total of 585. The number quarantined this week has come to a rate of 15%

The number of those quarantined at Bibich have increased by 37%. The numbers at Homan have stayed consistent. Protsman’s quarantine number has increased by 21%.. Kolling has increased by 89% and Watson has increased by 65%. Peifer has increased by 205%.

At Clark Middle School, the number of those quarantined increased by 49%. Grimmer’s quarantine number has increased by 208%.. Kahler has also increased their quarantine number by 154%. Lake Central High School has increased the number quarantined by 170%.