JV Conquers Marquette

Kai Blankenship, Print Staff

On Tuesday, Feb. 23, the boys JV basketball team faced off against Marquette High School. The team nearly doubled Marquette’s score, winning with a final score of 64-36.

“[The game] went very well. The team came closer than ever and had a fun time both playing the JV game and watching the Varsity game as well,” Adam Trinkle (10) said.

Even in a year filled with COVID-19 restrictions, the team has been able to come together. Ethan Coil (10) partially credits the victory against Marquette to the players’ chemistry.

“I think [the reason our team is doing well] is our team chemistry. We have all gotten really close this season and always joke around with each other and that makes us perform better on the court,” Coil said.

This win means that the Junior Varsity team has won a total of 17 games so far this season. With one final game left, Bret Spain (10) outlines the team’s goals.

“Our final goal of the season is to win our last game versus a really good McCutcheon team and fight for our last victory of the year finishing with 18 wins,” Spain said.

Overally, the team has had a successful season. They are hopeful going into their last game against McCutcheon High School.

“We feel great going into our last game, and have a great chance to end the season off on a win,” Coil said.