Students Prepare for the SAT

Anthony Haddad (11) takes a practice test in SAT Prep. These tests helped prepare the students for questions on the actual SAT.

SAT Prep classes are taking studying for the SAT’s to a whole new level. This class is a semester long, and helps students be as prepared for the SAT test as possible.

This class is not a requirement, but it is recommended.

“I don’t think [it should be required], because a lot of kids probably wouldn’t take it seriously [if it was]. It’s good for the people who care,” Katlyn Kleimola (11) said.

SAT Prep is a lot of work; the students take many practice tests and do many practice problems. At the beginning and end of the semester, the students take a practice SAT to see how they would do on the actual SAT, according to Kleimola.

Alexander Tsiakopoulos (11) and Kristi Schultz (11) heard positive things about this class from their older siblings.

“My brothers took [SAT Prep] and told me to take it, because it will make the testing easier,” Tsiakopoulos said.

Most of the students that are taking the class now are planning to take their first SAT in the Spring.

“I’m glad that I took this class, it is a good refresher of things we’ve learned in the past,” Schultz said.

Students interested in taking the SAT can register at sat.collegeboard.org/home.